The innovative team from Scouts Rally SA have planned out a 250 to 270 km competitive rally event in a compact loop based in South Australia’s Hallett/Burra area with a date set for the 2nd 3rd and 4th of June 2017.
Special stages will be long and testing; some in excess of 55 km on superb bullet-proof roads and the stages will be full special stages with infrastructure.
Designed for Classics
“We want to cater for classic competitors as we believe there are not enough events that are of high quality for classic competitors in Australia” Ivar Stanelis said.
“Classic cars make up the majority of competitors across Australia and it’s important for event organisers like us to recognise the needs by creating special events that preserve the DNA of rallying”, he went on to say.
Importantly, local support for the concept is very strong and some key features for the Rally will be:
- service park in the main street of Hallett
- Rally headquarters and Rally control in the Hallett Bowling club at football club side-by-side
- There will be a special stage under the turbines at the Hallett wind farm – sponsored by AGL
- Media day and sponsor rides will be in the same location
- Scouts SA will remain a sponsor and there are sponsorship opportunities for other businesses
- Easy recce and easy liaison stages
- There is accommodation all around the area in a row we, Jamestown, Burra all within 30 km of HQ. Homestays are welcome and are available if required and landowners are happy to assist.
- 277 km in total and a minimum time away from home
- Top spectator locations and great spectacular filming opportunities
- An ideal event for senior competitors
Ross Dunkerton recently made the comment that the Classic Outback Trial was the best event that he had competed in in recent memory. The Rally of the Heartland is planned to be on the off year from the Classic Outback Trial.
Here is a great opportunity for classic competitors to get out and exercise those classic machines on fantastic roads in South Australia and enjoy great fun with fellow competitors.
Value for Money
The entry fee will be less than $1000, superb value for any competitor.
Ivar is very keen to hear from you and your ideas about the event, his planning team is well underway with the event and he is open to ideas to make the event as popular as possible.
Classic competitors look for great value and iconic events to compete in and it is hoped that the Rally of the Heartland develops into a “must compete in” Rally – not unlike the Alpine in Victoria.
So mark into your diaries June 2nd to June 4th of 2017 – as that’s where Australia’s leading classic drivers will be gathering for two days of classic rally action on some of the best roads Australia has to offer.
For further details, contact Ivar Stanelis at Ivar@rallysa.com.au